This page is a heads up for advertising agencies and “millennial” upstarts.
Before you make contact, please understand our attitude towards advertising agencies.
We’ve seen hundreds over the years in various forms.
Odds on, first contact to us comes from the agency newbie who’s done the course and passed with flying colours.
Our phone rings and questions burst out..
- Where’s your media kit?
- Who are we?
- What is your marketing reach and demographic?
- How many daily KPI’s do you receive?
- Do you do sponsored posts?
- Do you do Social Media Boosts?
- What indicators will my spend present?
Yes, all good questions and very popular in marketing circles.
Now, let’s talk about the real world.
Questions we’d like to ask..
- Will the advertising spend justify the contact?
- Is your client already an advertiser with us?
- What are your payment terms?
- Will your agency request an “agency” discount?
Show us the money!
Don’t talk about advertising, show us your budget, the intended reach, the target reach and maybe then, we’ll consider the business.
No, we don’t do meetings. No, we don’t do media kits. We are extremely old fashioned except, we have this monster audience of loyal readers.
We’ll answer marketing questions, but only after we’ve seen the colour of your money (ie: secured advertising in one of our publications).
or, knick over to another agency like TimeOut and jump through their hoops.
PS: we know, we know xgens, you weren’t taught how to deal with crank old farts, now were you?