When I first found WPMU DEV, I was impressed.
My first major disappointment was the cost.
Having done my “due dilligence”, the contact page shows Australian contact information leading me to believe the rates were in Australian Dollars.
It is deceiving and misleading of WPMU DEV to show Australian contact information yet not clearly show the rates are in US Dollars
Month: US$49.00 = AU$63.49
Year: US$588.00 = AU$761.85
After a year I cancelled my membership.
My main concerns were:
- To use the plugins you have to install a heavy, slow plugin manager. Even with my own server, it was slow and unwieldy.
- Issues: every time theres a problem with a plugin, its never a WPMU DEV issue/fault or support cannot replicate the issue.
- I commented to support that a faq installation of a plugin was poorly worded and copped a spray from some dude that struggled with English and forgot, I’m the customer.
They are clearly a big growing company, good luck to them
– WPMU DEV gives you –
The best decision you’ll ever make for your WordPress sites. 100+ premium plugins, Upfront themes, security & performance solutions and 24/7 expert support to make you fly.
WPMU DEV – Project by Incsub
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I get a membership?
As an ongoing member you’ll get all of our new releases, updates to every plugin we release and unlimited expert WordPress support for any issue (not just our own products).
What happens if I cancel?
Every download at WPMU DEV is 100% GPL so you can cancel your membership at any time and carry on using our plugins and themes on as many sites for as long as you like.
Join 389,434 happy members today with no lock in and 100% GPL, cancel any time and use forever on unlimited sites for only $49 a month
- James Farmer twitter.com/jamesfarmer
- trustpilot.com WPMU DEV reviews | Excellent 9.7 – I must be billy-no-mates, because all the reviews here are glowing
- WPMU DEV: Directory Plugin
These people (WPMU DEV) continue to piss me off.
Not only do they continue to send you emails, reminders, updates, my biggest hate is sending me ANOTHER email after I unsubscribe from their mailing list:
We have removed your email address from our list.
We’re sorry to see you go.
Was this a mistake? Did you forward one of our emails to a friend, and they clicked the unsubscribe link not realizing they were in fact unsubscribing you from this list? If this was a mistake, you can re-subscribe at:
For questions or comments, please contact us at:
Here is my reply to email@example.com
Are you people serious?
Who’s bright idea was it to send ANOTHER email to tell me I have unsubscribed!
- Email to tell subscribers, you USED to be subscribed
- Email to say its been one year since you unsubscribed
- Email to inform WPMU DEV are serial spammers