Like everything in WordPress there is a plugin to achieve this and very good one at that; a simple checkbox to completely disable all comments on the website.. yay!
Disable Comments allows you to completely disable comments everywhere on your WordPress site. You can also disable them on specific post types like posts, pages, media, and others. It also removes the comment form and stops displaying existing comments.
Plugin: Disable Comments By Samir Shah | Download here
First thing you need to do is install and activate the Disable Comments plugin.
After activating the plugin, head over to Settings » Disable Comments from the left sidebar of your admin panel.
Selecting the first option allows you to disable comments on your WordPress site. The plugin will also remove the comments menu item from your WordPress admin area.
Ultimate Comments Guide
Our good friends over at wpbeginner.com present the Ultimate Guide to managing comments in WordPress:
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll learn:
- Disable Comments on Future Posts
- Disable Comments on a Specific Page or Post
- Disable Comments on Pages and Posts in Bulk
- Delete All WordPress Comments
- Disable Comments on Media
- Disable WordPress Comments Sitewide using a Plugin
- Remove “Comments are closed” in WordPress
- Spam Protection Techniques
- Go Here –> wpbeginner.com