We often get asked where can we sell our domain name, web site or both.
There are a multitude of places where you can sell, suggestions include:
- Place a FOR SALE sign on your web site
- Advertise in related publications
- Advertise in web brokerages
Web Brokerage & Marketplace
- SEDO.com – the world’s largest domain name marketplace
- Flippa.com: has thousands of websites for sale, as well as 800,000 registered buyers interested in websites and domain names. Flippa has a simple interface, a search feature, the option to upgrade your adervtising, they charge a small listing fee $9-$19, with a 10% success fee. What makes Flippa stand out from the pack is their trust and verification features, like phone number verification and verified Google Analytics traffic stats, which helps boost average selling prices.
- BuySellWebsite.com: BuySellWebsite specializes in established and start-up web sites. Established web sites cost $59 for a 2-week listing, or $99 for a two-month long listing (with a free one-month extension, for a total of three months) that includes being featured on the front page. Start-up sites cost the same, but don’t include the front page featuring.
- Forums.DigitalPoint.com: A forum for all types of web development that allows you to post a site for sale as long as you have been a member for at least 14 days, do not have a reputation in the red and have a minimum of 25 posts throughout their boards.
- GeekVillage.com Forums: To list your site with the GeekVillage.com forums, it will cost you $9.95 per topic, and you must be a member in good standing with the forum.
- InternetCompanyForSale.com: This site charges no commissions on the sales through their company, but they do have one time listing fees depending on the type of site you want to sell. Established sites pay $59.95 for list-til-you-sell. Start-up sites will cost you $39.95, and a Permanently Featured Listing, either for a established site or start-up, it will cost you $99 and will get you featured in their bi-weekly newsletter.
- Talk.iWebTool.com: A forum dedicated to everything about developing your own web sites and domain names. It also has an active sales area for selling domain names, sites, scripts and more.
- Webmaster-Talk.com Marketplace: A general sales site that allows you to do everything from promoting your services to selling your established sites. General listing fees are free, but services such as promotions will cost you credits you purchase with the site. With auctions, you can select to feature it on the main page, highlight it, etc., and those services will cost you a few dollars each.
- WebsiteAcquire.com: WebsiteAcquire only charges $5 for listing your site, but it isn’t very browsing friendly. When a user clicks on the link to buy a site, they ask you to search on keywords instead of just letting you browse the currently available listings.
- WebsiteBroker.com: WebsiteBroker allows you to sell both domain names and complete web sites. Web sites can be listed for 90-days for $9.95, or $29.95 for a premium listing that gains you extra exposure. Domain names have similar auctions priced at $9.95 for standard listing and $14.95 for premium. There is no commissions charged on completed listings.
- sitepoint.com – 10 Places to Sell Your Web Site By Sean P Aune August 24, 2009