This page explains transferring management rights of a domain name from one provider¹ to another.
The transfer process:
- Owner/representative completes a transfer request with the new provider
- Approval request is sent to the domain name owner
- The owner approves the request
- Management is then transferred
- The transfer is irrevocable and permanent
Once transferred, management, control, cost and T&C is serviced by the new provider.
¹ – Manager, Reseller, Host
Reasons to transfer management
- Web designer/Host request management rights*
- Change dns and name server information**
*A common practice by web designers is to request managment of the domain name. There is no reason for this other than to take over management, control and subsequent billing for the domain name. Domain owners are urged to be wary.
**DNS and Nameservers can be changed by owner | Domain Name Management
Keep in mind | Ripefruit Domain Name Management
- Owner retains 100% rights
- Owner has full access to their domain name
- Updates, settings and configuration is enabled 24/7
- Fixed price renewals for the life of the domain name***
Beware of “why” the business requires management rights!
***Guaranteed – Better the devil you know!
- Australian WHOIS Report
- AUDA – Australian Domain Name Authority
- Domain Name Management