VPS server (ripefruitdns): leased from UberGlobal (previously Jumba) since 2008.
In February 2017, AFR reported: Melbourne IT has acquired Australia’s third largest cloud service provider UberGlobal.
In March 2017 we were advised by UberGlobal by email that it was moving to Netregistry. Melbourne IT acquired NetRegistry in 2014. We will be relocating your VPS to our new infrastructure, and it is important to note that your IP address will change.
NetRegistry informed by multiple emails of migration plans, dates and times between March and June 2017.
- 27/3/2017 – Notification (UberGlobal)
- 30/6/2017 5.30pm – Migration of server commenced
- 30/6/2017 9.09pm – Migration completed, DNS updated
- 30/6/2017 10.30pm – Server errors start appearing
- 1/7/2017 5.37am | NetRegistry: One of the testing parameters was left turned on. I have turned it off and am re-testing all of the sites. Function has been restored to everything so far.
- 1/7/2017 8.20am | NetRegistry: There was a DNS issue earlier that should be resolved.
Saturday 1st July 2017
Yes, there have been issues but minor and during the course of the day, Jason (Netregistry) has worked hard to resolve them.
Differences in server set-up, permissions and software required tweaking and modifying.
- Mailserver needed restarting
- Global permissions
- php versions
You are very welcome to enquire if you are experiencing an issue.